.

Videos

The National Debt Clock.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Yes Loans/Dial - The Complaint Letter


Well as the ever dubious disqualified director Mr Keith Wilmot Chorlton keeps on laughing at the law, I have popped off a small mail with the various bits covered in The Guardian, The Mirror and so on; off to BBC's Watchdog and also a consumer affairs program on ITV 1.
Be interesting to see if and what comes of this! The mail I sent is as I have posted it.

I have contacted yourselves re the above named person (Keith Wilmot Chorlton) a disqualified director who has been running a company called Dial based in Cwmbran for some time.

Aside from the obvious breach of the law in his running a company whilst not being allowed to, the company has still not posted its accounts with Companies House.

There reason for this is simple - as a large loan company - they can easily pay the maximum 5000 pound fine for non return of accounts and also enjoy the lower rates for their business as a result.

Further more Yes loans the company running from the Dial site engage in several dubious practises, that skirt the law(if not break it completely) - first off they offer loans and charge an admin fee of 49.50 - this is not for a loan instead they become a client of Yes Loans - then they may not even be offered a loan at all.

Instead they will have to wait a period of six months to get the 49.50 back - minus 5.00 for admin and processing - not bad work for offering a customer nothing at all.

Also rates are not discussed with customers at this time, also when paperwork is sent out this just has a sample loan with sample rates - not the rates they will be paying.

please check out these links for further information:

The report on Mr Chorlton done in the Mirror
http://www.mirror.co.uk/archive/archive/tm_method=full%26objectid=18183777%26siteid=94762-name_page.html

And a report on his ban from The Guardian
http://business.guardian.co.uk/story/0,,235408,00.html

His details can be found here - re his ban from being a director:
http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/ddir/

And of course there is nothing like a few other disatisfied customers
http://www.blagger.com/db4/company_id/574/companyname/Yes-Loans.html


From Fidothedog,

mail druss_40@hotmail.com

http://www.newportcity.blogspot.com
If anyone out there has problems with Yes Loans, they can speak directly to Alan Spedding at alan.spedding@yesloans.tv or alternatively they can call 01633 712937.

First off the old links:
http://newportcity.blogspot.com/2007/01/yes-loans.html

and here
http://newportcity.blogspot.com/2006/12/more-on-yes-loans-and-convicted.html

Some previous bits on Dial/Yes Loans and Keith "Wilmot" Chorlton:
http://newportcity.blogspot.com/2006/12/dialyes-loanskeith-chorlton.html

and here
http://newportcity.blogspot.com/2006/12/yes-loansdial-run-by-disqualified.html

and here
http://newportcity.blogspot.com/2006/10/keith-chorlton-post-2.html

and here:
http://newportcity.blogspot.com/2006/10/someone-i-used-to-work-for-keith.html

and also here:
http://newportcity.blogspot.com/2006/11/cpw-carphone-warehouse-strong-arm.html

** Quick update seems that Mr Chorlton has put the accounts for Yes Loans into companies house, although is still claiming small exemption. Not sure if that is for the company or Keith's penis? Either way I am sure that Wilmott is up something here.

Well the below link will take you to the companies house website, enter 04553449, and lo there be Keiths Yes Loans details. Although no brownie points for Crossit Target Marketing, as there accounts from 2006 are still overdue. There ref is 04137383

http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/toolsToHelp/findCompanyInfo.shtml

Oh and of course nearly forgot to put in some Tags:





.

11 people have spoken:

Anonymous said...

great to hear someone is putting this con man bang to rights. I am to a former employee who used to work in yes loans and would love to know how you got on with the report to the insolvency hotline and sending to BBC watchdog. Can you keep us up to date via this site?

Fidothedog said...

Well nothing back from either of the consumer programs as yet, although to be fair I did only e-mail them yeserday so early days yet.

Our Keith has finally filed his accounts with companies house. Someone else who loves the ginger haired one told me about that.

Watch this space for more on the dubious world of Keith Wilmot Chorlton....

Anonymous said...

I am yet another previous employee and can tell you that someone is taking notice of what they are upto. In fact more and more interest is being drummed up on a daily basis. They cannot take down every site and every page against them and they cannot stop people wanting to speak out against them. The more customers that complain about these people the more that Yes Loans' days are numbered unless they start to run a respectable business. They are a reputable company as they have a hell of a reputation and it aint a good one so get knotted Mr. Spedding, an you Wilmot

Fidothedog said...

Well they cant close down The Mirror, The Guardian etc etc, thats a tad to big even for our Keith or Alan Spedding to take on.

Anonymous said...

Well I'm a person who has fallen into the trap, I paid my £49.50 before doing the research .. bloody stupid I know.

I have emailed them telling them to close my account with them and not to send or sell my details to any other company. I also said if I receive any phone calls about loans I will check to see if Yes passed on the details and when they did, if it is after the date I sent the email, I am going to ring them every hour on the hour until they drop my name from their details list.

Fidothedog said...

You might have a problem there as Yes as tied in with Crossit marketing, a company that pass details on. Still you can complain to the ombudsman who can bring pressure on them to remove your details.

Also let as many people know about Yes Loans, consumer forums, letters to local papers etc etc.

If enough people do that we can put them out of business where they belong.

Keep onto them for your 49.50 back, althbough they always try to keep a fiver for "admin"

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Thank you for your wonderful blog. I found your site as I was looking for complaint letter samples. I have also found an excellent source of consumer complaints and actual complaint letter to companies.

Regards,
Mike P.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I found your site as I was looking for samples of complaint letters. You are bringing very good points, however, you may be interested in reviewing some sample complaint letters that I found on the net.

You can also use the site to post your own complaint letter

Regards,

willablett said...

Hi there,

I have not yet handed my £49.50 over to yes loans and will not do so. However, i fear I have already suffered at their hand. They have passed my details onto 3 different loan companies after not informing me they were a loan broker, whom have done 3 credit checks against me, all the time lowering my credit rating! They have called me and texted me, and harrased me. Even after i spent 40 minutes complaining to them about a letter i received on a photocopied letter head offering me half the sum of money i asked for at a 500% mark up on the interest rate.

Very useful blog, I must say! However, I do have one query. Would it not be possible that this Keith Wilmot Chorlton is only banned from being the director of a company in ENGLAND? I have a funny feeling that the laws are slightly different for Wales and the ban does not stretch that far. I may be wrong, but it may be worth investigating.

Have you had any response from any of the places you wrote to???

Anonymous said...

I really love loans. And about this man who is he? Is he a criminal? Please have some reply to this comment.

Small Cash Loans said...

This short repayment duration is quite feasible for paying back the entire loan amount as the rate of charge applied on this loan is very reasonable and affordable. for more information about Small Cash Loans

visit
http://www.smallcashloans.org.uk