.

Videos

The National Debt Clock.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Virgin Media - Letting down the brand name.


Now I have been an NTL customer for some considerable time and yes they had there problems, especialy with the errors on direct debits that used to happen on a frequent basis, reminded me of my former bank the ever shyte Barclays Bank Plc. But oh how I wish I was back with NTL, alas that is no more and we are now stuck with Virgin Media and what a nightmare it is becoming.

First we have the direct debit problems, okay we could let them go on that as they got that from taking over NTL, but nothing has been done to resolve this. As a result I pay by card each month and as a result one has to admire their nerve in charging a £5 admin charge for that. They cause the problem by not being able to carry out a basic direct debit and charge customers for their cock ups as a result. Nice little earner that is.

Next we have the freezing of the picture, this is a new problem. The sound is okay but every so often the picture will freeze for a second or two before resolving itself.

Locked control system is the next one, the remote refuses to work as does anything else, we are stuck looking at one channel unable to change station, alter sound level - in short it is stuck as fast as a ferret in a milk jar. This can last upto an hour if one doesn't get up and turn the whole thing off and back on. Then as suddenly as the problem came it just resolves itself, I kid you not the word gremlins was made for Virgin Media.

Customer service, ah yes now this is something that Virgin pride themselves on. I have a phone on Virgin and have to say that in the years I have had that all has been well and any queries have been dealt with in a speedy and very efficient manner, alas the same can not be said for this part of the group. Someone did advise me that this section was not under the control of Richard Branson, but an independent company that had bought the name off of him. If that is the case it is a shame to see the once good Virgin name being trawled through the mud.

Upon calling Virgin Media you get through to a machine which either tells you to call back again due to it being out of hours/lines are to busy and call then terminates or you get the dubious pleasure of being on hold for a goodly time. I can but assume every other customer is also spending hours listening to music, yet here is a mystery that I seem to be unable to resolve when I select sales as in wanting to join Virgin Media I can get right through? Although then they can not help with with regards to any other query and yep I end up right back on hold again.

Related to this is the fact that queries - and I mean basic queries are not resolved, this is if and when you can get through to someone after an eon on the phone. I have made a few requests of staff and as of yet not a single request I have put to them has been actioned.

They do say that you can e-mail them(in fact a voice on the phone advises you to give them an e-mail and they will contact you) and yes when after trawling their badly designed site you manage to find the e-mail section, you can indeed pop a complaint off to them. Again this then vanishes into the voids of cyberspace never to be actioned.

In fact I sent two mails off today to Virgin Media and one yesterday evening and aside from the auto reply to show that it has been recieved by themselves absolutely nothing has been actioned.

Thank you so much Virgin Media for dire service, this weekend I am off to either take up Sky(at least I will be able to watch Sky 1 and some other channels again) or get me a freeview box.

** Update after calling them and cutting channels back and being told that they had no record of my previous e-mails (no surprise that) I was going to bring up many of the other points when lo and behold I get cut off. Hurrah for great customer service from Virgin Media, well it would be if they gave such a thing.

Tags:

.

0 people have spoken: