.

Videos

The National Debt Clock.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

VC Hero refused permission to stay in UK


THIS is why I really hate the givernment that we have. They allow thousands of mad jihadists to stay here, even lose track of those who are here and when others cause terrorist problems and when they get control orders put on them, they lose those as well. Then we have the fiasco of illegals not being kicked out after serving a prison term and yet again they can not or will not even attempt to find them and remove them. Oh add to that the barbarians crossing the channel from that camp in France.

Now this: A Victoria Cross hero Gurkha has been banned from living in Britain 'becase he has no strong ties with UK' according to the Daily Mail.

Tul Bahadur Pun's extraordinary act of valour while fighting the Japanese duringWorld War Two even won him royal admirers. He was invited to the Queen's Coronation and had tea with the Queen Mother. Yet despite his illustrious service record, when the ailing 84-year-old former Gurkha soldier applied for permission to live in Britain he was refused by government officials. Amazingly, British officials in Nepal told the wizened old warrior who put his life on theline for King and country: "You have failed to demonstrate that you have strong ties with the UK."

Explaining his reasons for the application, he said: "I take a substantial amount of medication daily, without which I would die. There is not always a constant supply. When it runs out I feel vulnerable. "There are no doctors or nurses, no medical outposts. I wish to settle in the UK to have better access to medication, care and support from doctors and nurses."

The old soldier has to travel from his remote home to the Gurkha camp at Pokhara once amonth to collect his pension - which pays for his medication. It involves a day's walk - and as he is unable to walk that far, he has to be carried in abasket by several men. Mr Pun's act of heroism in Burma which earned him the VC has gone down in military history.

On 23 June 1944 almost all his comrades werewiped out by heavy enemy fire. He seized a Bren Gun and, firing from the hipwhile running through ankle deep mud, he ignored Japanese fire to singlehandedlystorm enemy machine gun positions. His official citation read: "His outstanding courage and superb gallantry in the face of odds which meant almost certain death were most inspiring to all ranks and beyond praise."

**I would rather my taxes went to help one old soldier who took up arms for our nation than 100,000 mad jihadists, or even our own home grown feral chavscum.

I wonder how the nanny of the married woman former Home Sec. David Blunkett was screwing showed that she had strong ties with the UK.

Mind the same could be said of Peter Mandelsons Brazilian lover, how did he show that he had strong ties with the UK, hang on maybe I don't really want to know the answer to that one.

That said were he rich enough to slip a bung into the Labour parties back pocket, then citizenship would be his and maybe a peerage to boot(well once the heat dies down that is...)
Tags:, ,
**Update: WHEN I ARRIVE IN THE UK I WILL NOT LEAVE MY GURKHA COMMRADES BEHIND
2 June 2007
Pokhara Nepal
First of all, I would like to express my deep gratitude to the British people for granting me the privilege to come and live amongst them in a country which I have fought for and love. I am overjoyed to learn that I have finally been allowed the right to settle and live in the UK. I could not sleep last night, as I was so happy with the news that Great Britain would be allowing me to come and get the medical treatment which is so lacking for many veteran Gurkhas in Nepal.
I would also like to make it clear that this victory would not have been made possible without the overwhelming and generous support of the Great British Public; my brothers and sisters in arms in the British Armed Forces both past and present; the Gurkha Army Ex-Servicemen's Organisation (GAESO); Joanna Lumley; Jay Miller; the British press and media; and my solicitors Howe & Co . I am humbled by the thousands of emails in support of me and the Gurkhas, that continue to flood into the website set up for me: www.vchero.co.uk .
I have been moved of the accounts of the very many the telephone calls and letters of support sent by those, who like me, do not have access to computers.I will never forget the 45,000 Gurkhas killed in battle fighting along side our British friends, nor will I ever forget my British brothers and sisters who have laid-down their lives fighting alongside the Brigade of Gurkhas in numerous theatres of war over the last 200 years. In life it is the greatest honour to be a Gurkha, because it is the greatest honour to serve the British people and our Brigade. When I come to be with the British people, I will do my best to be a credit to Britain and to help the plight of my fellow Victoria Cross winners who live in poverty in Nepal. It is saddening that so many brave men of my Brigade have to rely on charity to get their basic living and health needs.
I do not ask anything of Britain, or its people, save to help me get a little medical care now that I am old. However, I do have one request for your country, a country which I love so much, and that is to ask if your great country can please look at the plight of my veteran Gurkha comrades in arms, and the injustices they continue to face when asking for their rights to come to Britain and the continuing injustice of unequal pensions for those, like me, who have fought for British freedom against the forces of tyranny but happened to have retired from the British Army before 1997.
I never left any of my comrades on the battlefield, British or Gurkha, and I will not abandon my veteran Gurkha comrades now in their hour of need, when I come to live in Great Britain.From the bottom of my heart, I am deeply touched by the support shown to me by the people of Great Britain, and across the world, and I give you my most solemn thanks.
Sincerely,Tul Bahadur Pun VC
Pokhara, Nepal
.

3 people have spoken:

Eric said...

Yeesh...I guess fighting for a country isn't considered "strong ties"?

A Free Man said...

This is a fucking disgrace!

Fidothedog said...

Indeed, everyone who reads this should do a post on this, copy it to their MP(if from the UK) and kick up a big fuss over this.

They let mad jihadists from Saudi in yet some chap who wants to fight for us rather than blow us up they turn away.