.

Videos

The National Debt Clock.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Life in New Labours Cool Britannia: Julie Lake arrested for tackling scum.


**A fine example of how 10 years of New Labour have destroyed law & order here in the UK.

When she spotted yobs vandalising a war memorial garden, Julie Lake sprang into action.

As the daughter of a Second World War RAF pilot – and granddaughter of one of the fallen in the 1914-18 war – she felt it was her duty to intervene. But, after giving the main culprit a talking- to and a 'cuff round the ear', she finds herself facing the prospect of being arrested for assault.

Yesterday Mrs Lake accused police of failing to follow up her complaints about graffiti and other hooliganism in the memorial garden.

"The memorial is a sacred place – it's like a grave," said the 50-year-old.

"How dare these youngsters tarnish the memories of those who made a sacrifice for future generations?

"I've called the police and I've tried to talk to these kids, but I've got nowhere.

"I lost my temper in complete frustration after two years of patiently trying to get something done and immediately the police are after me. It's ridiculous.

"I did not go up to these boys intending to hit anyone but they when they started shouting abuse at me and my husband, Peter, who is recovering from cancer, I just snapped."

She said that 15 youths surrounded her and mockingly asked if her husband, who was in their car, was going to rescue her.

"I saw red and gave the ringleader a slap on the cheek," she added. "He was just laughing and said 'That's assault'.

"Then they took my car registration and rang the police. They all know their rights, they just don't care about anyone else's."

She said many of the older residents of her village – Mangotsfield near Bristol – were too scared to venture out at night because of the yobs.

**A sad state of the UK, the yobs run riot and the police are neutered, yet spring into action when someone is surrounded by them and lashes out.

Gangs of teenagers wearing hooded tops have carried out a series of attacks on the pretty memorial garden with its sombre stone cross.

They have daubed offensive graffiti on the stone, ridden their bikes over wreaths and carved their names into wooden benches.

A spokesman for Avon and Somerset Police confirmed the force is investigating an alleged assault on a 15- year-old boy.

He admitted however that Mangotsfield has a problem with youth vandalism.

Inspector Gus Krouwel said: 'Neighbourhood police regularly receive complaints about groups of around eight young people gathering by the war memorial, drinking and leaving litter.

"I do appreciate that people may get frustrated with this sort of situation but the appropriate response is to work with agencies like the police and local authority to find solutions."

**Oh really, well people are somewhat fucked off with the police not being seen until they arrive not to stop the yobs vandalizing the memorial but to stop someone from dealing with yob scum.

Mrs Lake will voluntarily attend a police station next month to be formally arrested. She could be charged with assault which carries a maximum penalty of six months in prison or a £5,000 fine.

But she said she was prepared to take any punishment she is given to make a point about the effects of anti-social behaviour.

"The yobs have stopped going to the war memorial as much – but this is what it has taken," she said.

"I'll go to prison if I have to, because this is not about me, it is about the whole community who are scared to leave their homes.

"I know the lad I got hold of was the most persistent offender.

"I gave him what the police would call a cuff round the ear and threw his bike into the ground."

Mrs Lake, who works in sales, said the example of her father, who was based in wartime South Africa, had inspired her to take action.

She said: "My father and grandfather serving in the forces have made me very passionate about honouring our soldiers and what they sacrificed.

"My family told me never to shrink from a challenge and although I don't condone what I did, I hope some good comes out of it."

Mrs Lake's 63-year-old husband, a retired airman, also lost a grandfather in the First World War.

**Had the police done their job properly in the first place the yob scum would not be vadalizing memorials, instead they would have a respect and fear for the law of the land. Sadly the "rights" given them by New Labour, do not also apply to the rest of us who follow the rules.

.

10 people have spoken:

BobG said...

A very sad state of affairs. Sounds like it's about time for some of the citizens to start "taking care of business" anonymously...

Anonymous said...

Griffin must go!

Fatso said...

When I read this yesterday I was amazed that YET AGAIN we have another person being hounded by the Police for doing what needs to be done.

If the Police bothered to get off their fat arses and onto the streets they'd have done something about these lots. Instead, they wait for a woman to do their job for them then pounce on her! Really brave of them.

Frankly, if this woman was surrounded then I feel she was provoked and had every right to try to defend herself. She should take this to open court with a jury as I believe the jury would see what Plod can't!

old and angry said...

Perhaps it's timer for a few good men to descend on these yobs and break a few skulls (anonymously, and under cover of darkness)a lesson with a cricket bat might be well learned.

Fidothedog said...

It would be nice to slap a yob, alas the poor darlings have the support of the guardian reading social workers, plus a whole raft of jobsworths to cater for all their needs and legal wants.

Sadly the same does not apply to the taxpayers.

MathewK said...

Yep, bobg and old and angry have it right, anonymously off course.

Fidothedog said...

Maybe we need a slap a hoodie day, rather than a David Cameron hug a hoodie day...

The Bidd said...

So yet again in this country somebody trying to do something about law and order may feel the weight of the law upon their shoulders whist the scumbags on our streets go free. The onlyway now anyone can get human rightsis to become a criminal. Not one? Then sorry, bt this country will look upon you as an easy target and will criminalise you for almost nothing. For Christ's sake, how long are we going to put up with this? I'm not advocating violence, but why the fuck are we lying down and taking all this shit? I'm sorry about the intemperate language, but it seems that i'sgoing to be the only way to get people to wake up and see wha is going on around them. Millions of peple in this country have lived their livesin a law-abiding manner, have worked bloody hard to support their families, and yet the politicins from all sides don't give a monkey'sabout us. PLEASE! Stand up for your rights. I fervently hope that somebody somewhere wil see some sene and Julie Lake will not be prosecuted for what she has done; I'm not holding my breath. If anyoneagrees with me, my email is mbiddlecombe@toucansurf.com. Come on people, the time for sitting back and letting the statetreat us like dirt has gone!!

Anonymous said...

from the Daily Mail, spot the damage

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/12_04/013JulieLakeDM_468x714.jpg

all I can see is possibly some bird droppings

Fidothedog said...

Anon, that would be after it has been claeaned up..