.

Videos

The National Debt Clock.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

J D Wetherspoon - The John Wallace Linton (come to this pub for abuse)

Look it is not rocket science and so I shall explain it in very simple terms indeed. When I go out after a hard day at work all I want is a few ales, a bit of fodder and a taxi home.

Thats it, not much to expect and one doesn't really expect drunken abused of sodden old folk who have had one shandy and now want to pick a fight with my mate in the pub.

Needless to say I happened to have my phone and recorded some clips and it happened to be the rather drunken and worse for ware grandad of the deputy manager.

We spoke to staff and he was defended, the deputy manager came up - several times as did the rather tired and emotional grandsire - and finally lots of other staff came up.

Threats were issued at first by grandad, then the deputy manager, then some other staff members and guess who was asked to leave?...

Not the one who first started the problems this evening in J D Wetherspoon - The John Wallace Linton





The complaint e-mail I have now sent J D Wetherspoon.

During this evening I - or rather my friend - was verbally abused and threatened by an elderly gent who had a somewhat foul mouth.

We complained and it turned out that said gent was the granddad of the acting deputy manager.

During this evening he came back many times, fired much abuse and was defended to the hilt by said manager.

I have posted four clips of this evening and put them on Youtube.

The saddest part of the evening was when I stated that I was filming and threatened to put clips on the internet - which I have done - that we were told to leave and I had the phone grabbed out of my hand by the deputy manager at the end of the clip.

Henceforth I will never set foot in a Wetherspoon pub again and I advise that you treat all customers the same and not just those related to staff employed by yourselves.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=1x6Mz_aBNzc
.

14 people have spoken:

Screech said...

Hey mate, Have you thought of sending those clips to JDW head office so they can use them in any publicity campaign as a "shining example" of how they deal with customer complaints?

Fidothedog said...

Screech, just e-mailed and posted a link to said abuse.

I wonder what if any response they will issue, needless to say the answer if any is ever forthcoming will be posted....

Dave Snark said...

Well that's a pub I won't be calling into anymore.

What a mess. You can't even have a couple of pints without being hassled these days.

I'm usually the nutter magnet so I know how it feels.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps you could implore your local M.P. to take up the case for you.

As we all know what a beacon of light he is to your community.

Fidothedog said...

David I also know about the nutter magnet, still it could have been worse as it could have been Paul Flynn...

Anonymous said...

I must admit Paul I wouldn't be able to help myself and I would have given the old fucking cretin an excuse to start...a few choice words, quietly, like 'tell the fucking moron to go fuck his girly headed grey self' while no-one else was looking would have done it.

Post the email of JDW here and I'll make a complaint about the tart in a separate email :-)

Mind you, shite and expensive beer anyway and a chav palace.

Fidothedog said...

Complaints to

http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/feedback/

James Dowden said...

I'm sure the local licensing authority would love to know about this...

Brew Wales said...

Funny that in the local rag that very day was a notice from JDW about renewing their license!

Fidothedog said...

James D - They will be finding out.

Anonymous said...

Good on yer Fido for making a stand!!!

Fidothedog said...

Cheers anon.

Anonymous said...

Fido / James D. ...

I've just added the 'basics' of the event plus a link to the YouTube vids to our e-Newsletter for all to see the way you were treated !

Fido, can I have permission to use your 'Spoons communication on our Newsletter as well please ?

Take it ALL THE WAY guys.

Cheers 'n regards both ...

The Sec-RAT-ary

Fidothedog said...

Carry on more publicity on this dire nepotistic company the better.