.

Videos

The National Debt Clock.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

J D Wetherspoon - A corporate fluff letter from someone called Julie Van Quickelberg


Well upon checking my post this weekend, I found a letter from the McDonalds of the beer world J D Wetherspoon.

So thought I, have they decided to post me the dangly bits of the member of staff who was loud and abusive towards myself and interested in watching the footie at high volume rather than working for his employer the J D Wetherspoon chain- a certain Mr Bryn Lloyd - or maybe I thought it is an apology to either myself or my father who was driven out that night by the tv blasting in his ear at ultra high volume. Upon opening said letter there were no dangly bits that belonged to Mr Lloyd and no apology either.

Alas it was neither but a bit of corporate fluff from someone going by the name of Julie Van Quickelberg, and who has the rather fancy title of Customer Service Team Leader - sounds like the sort of titles that they give people who work in call centres.

So here is the letter that I was sent, with my comments in red.

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent visit to The Tom Toya Lewis. *I will add my last ever visit since that night, least ways until staff issues are resolved and my father recieves a call from someone ready to offer him an apology. No? Guess that this may be a polite here is a token letter saying now fuck off in a polite corporate way of course.

I am sorry that you felt the service you recieved in the pub that day did not meet your expectations. *After all abusive staff, a blasting tv driving out customers and a total lack of respect is really the way to encourage customers to come back to your pubs. Oh and dont think I shall be putting any of my wage across your bars any time soon either.

I have passed your comments regarding our family policy, your disappointment with the sound on the television and the problems you had with the staff to the Area Manager for the pub. *Well lets hope that he picks up the phone and offers my father an apology, after all its the reputation of your chain that is suffering over this. Well I had one problem with a shit called Bryn Lloyd, but to be fair you showed piss poor judgement in employing the lazy scrotum in the first place.

Once again thank you for bringing these matters to our attention, and for giving us the opportunity to improve. *Improvement will take time, a few more staff cleaning tables on the odd occasion would be a vast improvement - after all I am not the first or the last to comment on tables overflowing with empty glasses and bottles. Only time we see some staff move to serve customers with any effort is when said customers possess as set of breasts.

My advise to the "Customer Service Team Leader" is to save the paper on meaninless fluff letters that say bugger all and to actually do something - rather than pass on the comments to the Area Manager for the pub.

http://newportcity.blogspot.com/2006/06/j-d-wetherspoon-once-good-chain-now.html
http://newportcity.blogspot.com/2006/06/jd-wetherspoon-unable-to-handle-honest.html

Feedback: Let Mc Wetherspoon know how you feel

Tags:


.

6 people have spoken:

Leo Pusateri said...

Love this blog!

I'm putting you on my blogroll.

Keep up the good work, sir!

-Leo Pusateri-

Anonymous said...

You know you were a complete horses arse in the pub, thats why they got rid of you. Twat!

Fidothedog said...

Well Maisie(what sort of name is that anyway?) I was not barred, my father was insulted by a shitty j d wetherscum member of staff, so 1./ get your facts right you ho.

2. fuck you and the innumerable chavs who ride you bare back bitch.

3. J D Wetherspoon need to clear out filth starting with the chav vermin and then half their inept unwashed staff.

4. Fuck you again bitch as it felt so good insulting an anonymous ho like you the last time.

Toodle pip.

Anonymous said...

oh fido, just reading your comments it was all going well untill at the very end your swearing rant at Maisie kind of ruin's all your credibility. indeed many workers in weatherspoons are wasters but dont let them drag you down to thier level.

Fidothedog said...

Agreed anon, we none of us are perfect least of all Tim Martin and his dire chain of corporate beer sellers.

Anonymous said...

why do you hate wetherspoons so much, big deal you had one bad experience get over it.
you say wetherspoons staff are rude look at your own letter, cant belive someone would send that to a company. also you say the Tv was on prob because a important match was on, and bar man was trying to watch it. you say you like the realness of local pubs but you expect chain service. do you not think a landlord would be trying to watch some of parts of the match. also you claim wetherspoons has infestation of vermin. this is not true. wetherspoons has nearly 700 pubs dont brand all of them because of your local.