.

Videos

The National Debt Clock.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Cry Freedom! - Escape from Barclays Bank Plc


Yes so I have finally escaped the dreaded Barclays Bank Plc, after many years of being a loyal(I would loyal to the part of fucking poverty and not to mention stupidity) I have finally walked away from them.

**Barclays, a bank staffed by Mark Benton wannabe's but without the inteligence, the humour or even the looks of that comedian. Barclays are shit.

A routine call to one of their callcentres on Wednesday morning got me through to some woman who could only be described in two words which are condescending and demeaning. After a quick chat with her - when I could get a word in that is - I decided that this was the straw that broke this particular camels back. Well having had a fairly shit week and it only being Wednesday I had decided that enough was enough.

After hanging up on this woman I quickly called back to cancel all the assorted direct debits and such like. Then a quick call to a rival bank- not saying which one but the clue is that they make a big thing of having their call centres in the UK - and I was in business.

Later a quick visit to that bank and a chat to some rather helpful woman in that bank- Barclays could learn a few tips on customer service from her to be fair - then a quick chat and a flash of the passport and some other paperwork just so that they know who I am and its all done. I have to say that over the last few years I can not ever remember using the words "rather helpful" with regards to Barclays staff, maybe they need some more customer training?

Now having had a chat with my better half, she has also decided that a quick kick in the nuts shall be aimed at Barclays and shall be closing her account with that bank in the next few days. So miss condescending and demeaning was winning the argument so bloody clever now? Yes you have cost your company two customers now. One of which is going to make damn sure a few other people he knows also give Barclays bank a fiscal kick in the knackers by advising them to close their accounts as well. Here is an idea if you want to be a fucking smart ass bitch and prove a point to a customer in a condescending and demeaning way do it on your own time, win as many arguments as you can then but in company time I would advise you button it love. Oh an yeah I reported it today to the bank, so yeah when they audit your call from me on Wednesday at about 08.45am, I am sure they will be really impressed that you cost them two customers love.

Now some other reasons why I decided to jack Barclays bank.

  • 1.Unhelpful agents - have been given poor advise/incorrect advise on many many occasions. Oh and of course getting cut off, passed to wrong departments, not advised on correct products and offered non needed goods and services.
  • 2.Indian call centres - also a poor standard of the Queens English as spoken by them.
  • 3. Hours and I do mean hours stuck on hold being transferred and the like .
  • 4.Non return of calls.
  • 5.Unable to action any complaint after 5pm on Friday until Monday morning and then they don't call you back.(see point 4 above)
  • 6.No one person in charge of a complaint - See point 1 and also point 7.
  • 7. No apparent interaction between departments - the phrase about the left hand not knowing what the right is up to was thought up for this bank.
  • 8.Not enough branch staff. Seriously you pop in for a query and you have either the choice of joining the snake like line of unhappy people working its not so merry way to the counter or sitting for an hour or so to see someone who will either give you a number to call(point 3) or not resolve the query (point 1)
  • 9. No use of the word sorry. Now this is a biggie as far as I am concerned, should you mess up a direct debit, add a charge incorrectly or otherwise not action any request that I as a customer have asked to be done a simple sorry go's a long way to correct the situation. Trust me I have worked in customer services and laying on the Uncle Tom shit works a treat. A few lordy I is a mightily sorry massa boss comments can calm down ever the most irate customer. It is not an admission of some corporate liability, nor does it mean that I am blaming you as a member of staff -if anything your working for Barclays Bank Plc you have some sympathy from me. Yet it is a rare word to be heard whilst talking to staff either face to face(point 1) or on the phone(points 2 and 3), indeed its use should be far more common.
  • 10. Excessive charges. Now come on guys and gals you make a mess, then charge me thirty notes to add insult to injury, then I get a "we shall remove it as a goodwill measure" comment and not even a sorry about causing the mess in the first place(yes back to point 9) -
  • 11. Pointless bullshit letters - Why oh why? No just don't send them seriously. A do nothing, no information letter telling me that something is being actioned/looked into without any dates or other details is pointless. All it does is to annoy said customer. Only send a letter if a/things are going to be delayed b/you have a resolution c/you need some information from the customer.
  • 12. Free pens in branches. No they are not free pens, they belong to me and every other customer who has ever paid a thirty pound charge. In fact I make a point of helping my self to the free pens, after all I have paid for boxes of the fuckers.
Well thats it, I am sure that the top ruling bodies at Barclays care not a fig about I a mere poor(thanks to their corporate greed) customer, but if like me you are annoyed with them, remember there are far better banks/building societies out there. Go and change, tell them that you like your money in your wallet not their coffers.

Some links etc...Lastly I am not the only unhappy person with regards to the ever wonderfull Barclays Bank Plc, as you can see from the links below.

http://www.blagger.com/db4/company_id/130/companyname/Barclays.html

http://www.litsl.com/miscellaneous/poor_customer_service/barclays_bank_barc_the_woolwich.html

http://www.ciao.co.uk/Barclays_Bank__Review_5133047

http://www.teneric.co.uk/forums/finance-forum/business-banking-complaints-4719.html

http://www.grumbletext.co.uk/vt.php?t=108

http://www.barclaystory.com/

Tags:


.

8 people have spoken:

Anonymous said...

Glad you finally freed yourself from them. Don't you feel better!

Fidothedog said...

Oh yeah, freedom from crap service, crap expenses, crap waiting times, crap crap and more crap.

Yeah should have jumped ship a long time back.

pandaman said...

I found this article by typing "barclays are shit" into google. now i know it's not just me who think they are the most idiotic, unhelpful, money grabbing 'know it all' swines on the planet (at least in the world of banks!) They repeatedly kick you in the nuts when you need help and for this i am glad to hear that you and your partner have done away with them. as soon as they pay me back the money they owe me then i will gladly wave goodbye (more likely to be two fingers) and join another bank. If all of Barclays customers knew how crap they really are then they would all leave instantly. i am going to take it upon myself to get as many people as possible to cancel their account for the above reasons. i want to see the fall of the multi billion pound barclays empire before i die along with all the useless idiots that work for them at the top. LONG LIVE THE CUSTOMERS!

Fidothedog said...

Check out the daily mail they have a template so that you can claim back charges, simply fill in and either print off and post to Barclays or e-mail them the filled in forms.

Step two is the easy bit sit back and await their offer. Mine tool about 3/4 weeks near enough to come through.

The 900 notes was nice, but considered against the fact that they still(I feel) owe me a corporate apology and the bastards have never apologised to me, this is why I am still posting about them now.

Good luck with sticking it to them and let me know how you get on and I shall do a follow up post.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for making me feel better, Ive been suffering with Barclays for 5 years and now the end is nigh! In a few short weeks when I have a new bank account, I will be walking into my local branch, cutting up my cards in front of the usless twats in there and demading my accounts be closed. They wont even get an explanation other than "YOU ARE FUCKING STUPID CUNTS" because they dont deserve any more energy from me, explaining to them how pissingly inept they are.

fuck you Barclays!

p.s. I also found this blog by googling 'Barclays Bank shit service' :)

Fidothedog said...

You can always fina a better bank than Barclays, well any one else is better.

I got to add that I was impressed by Nat West and the fact I can speak to a member of staff in my home city of Newport rather than in New Delhi or Bangalore or some such.

Glad your escaping them and if you can let everyone else know how crap they are and help other people escape them as well all the better.

Anonymous said...

Barclays probably the worst bank in the world - makes you wonder how they still exist. Glad I moved to Canada - but I still have an account with them in the UK. I pay 6.50GBP for banking here - the service is fantastic.

If I ever phone Barclays you have so many people who ask you the same information then pass you on to the next person who cannot help it's amazing. No one seems to know that the F#@k they are doing. Every call is at least 30 mins.

My 3 year old loves the 'PINsentry' machines !

Paul said...

Barclays is indeed one of the shittest banks to work for. I lasted 3 months and walked out. People can be unsuprisingly pretentious just because they work in banking. All this "yes Mr this" "yes Mrs that" is just so up its own arse. You go in to pay in a fiver and you get pesetered to open new accounts, savings and even mortgages. Rubbish. And I was even asked not to speak in my normal accent (working in a local branch!!!) Toffee nosers licking the arse of the general public.