.

Videos

The National Debt Clock.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Ian Lucas MP - re Richard Brunstrom & Proven libelist Paul Flynn MP.


Some fun and games going on with regards allegations about Ian Lucas which has been broadcast on the BBC.

Mr Lucas is not to happy about this - and if the comments are untrue and I am sure that eventually the truth will out - then he has every right to be annoyed.

The comments below are from Mr Lucas' site: http://www.ianlucas.co.uk/Ian-Lucas-News.pdf

WREXHAM MP Ian Lucas has said he is “shocked and saddened ” by untrue personal attacks on him by North Wales Police’s most senior chief officers. The Chief Officers are reported to have described Mr Lucas as “Ian Ned Ludd Lucas”, talked about MPs being parachuted into Wales and suggested Mr Lucas was “purporting to represent people” during a discussion filmed for a BBC documentary to be shown tonight. Mr Lucas said: “To make these insulting and false comments on camera, in the full knowledge they could be broadcast, shows how atrocious the judgment of North Wales’ Chief Officers is and how unprofessional they are. Neither Richard Brunstrom nor his Deputy has ever had the guts to make these statements to my face. “If they had, I could have told them I moved to Wrexham in 1986 and both my teenage children were born in Wrexham. Members of my constituency party here in Wrexham were not born yesterday and probably took into account when selecting me that I had been Wrexham’s Labour Conference delegate in 1990, Chair of Wrexham Labour Party in 1992 and a local activist in Wrexham and Oswestry for 15 years before my election. I have also been elected twice by the people of Wrexham. “The comment that I am “purporting to represent my constituents” is also demonstrably untrue – the very issue which seemed to spark this “rant” came about after discussions with Gwersyllt Community Council who had raised concerns with me about the loss of police officers in their community. I still don’t know why North Wales Police recruits web administrators when taking officers off the beat in Wrexham. “I am, of course, concerned by the untrue allegations made about me. In politics, if people say things about you that are not true, they stick. I want these two officers to withdraw what they have said, admit they were wrong and apologise." “However, what I find even more worrying is that – yet again - they raise more questions about the professionalism of North Wales Police’s chief officers – not only Richard Brunstrom but also Clive Wolfendale. I am also very disturbed that they call into question my right to represent my constituents – because I was born in England. “To make such comments is one thing, but to make them knowing they were being filmed and likely to be broadcast really beggars belief. “It was just last week that yet another media protocol had to be put into place at a meeting of the North Wales Police Authority after an appalling lapse in judgement by the Chief Constable. “I have complained to the Police Authority and I would expect they make a statement after this programme is broadcast. “I have not asked for Mr Brunstrom or Mr Wolfendale to consider their positions before, although my concerns have been mounting - but they certainly no longer have my confidence. It is impossible to have any type of working relationship with anyone who behaves in such an unprofessional way.”

Now having read the above you will notice that the name of Richard Brunstrom has popped out, for those not in the know Mr Brunstrom has been featured in the papers quite a lot during his time as head of the North Wales plod.

Known as the "Traffic Taliban" for his hard line on motorists, even going so far as to show photo's of a chap killed on the roads: the use of photos of a man killed in a traffic accident:
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news_detail_pa.html?sku=11777731801219

Some more on the chap can be found
here: http://www.abd.org.uk/brunstrom.htm

Now one thing I noticed was the fact that my local MP, the dire libel case loser and proven liar Paul Flynn leapt to the defence of Ian Lucas, and fair enough him defending a fellow MP against what may be baseless accusations.

However he called on the BBC to apologize but made no mention of Mr Brunstrom at all during his article: link

Maybe Mr Flynn having defended Brunstrom previously over his calls for illegal drugs to be made legal he now finds that he has a problem taking him to task and so aims his annoyance at the BBC instead?

New Labour news spin?

Finally here is the "Traffic Taliban" getting a taser hit.

Motorists of the UK enjoy...

Tags


.

0 people have spoken: