.

Videos

The National Debt Clock.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

New Labour claim the NHS & social services are safe in their hands.

Well have a read of this, then tell me they actually give a flying fuck over people.

A former soldier who took part in the D-Day landings starved himself to death after being held against his will in a care home.

Alfred Tonkin, 93, went on hunger strike when he was prevented from being reunited with his wife of 68 years, Joyce.

The great-grandfather, who lost a leg to a Nazi machine gunner, was initially admitted to hospital with a blood disorder.

But when social services became involved in his case they declared he was suffering from dementia and insisted a round-the-clock care package would have to be arranged before he could return home.

He was transferred to a care home and was still there four months later when he was rushed to hospital suffering from dehydration and malnourishment.

Mr Tonkin died six days later on June 3 - 72 hours before the 65th anniversary of D-Day.
.

2 people have spoken:

Sue said...

They would say that, they don't use it.. they're all on BUPA!

I could tell you some scary stories about the Luton and Dunstable Hospital. Stuff I witnessed myself.

Fidothedog said...

If that hospital is much like our Royal Gwent, I can well imagine.

I just hope if I have an accident/illness/Kelly style walk in the woods I dont end up in that hole.